- Mount Everest Expedition South side (Nepal) 2019
Mount Everest Expedition South side (Nepal) 2019
Nepal first came into world focus when Tenzing Norgay Sherpa of Nepal and Sir Edmund Hillary of New Zealand conquered Mt. Everest in 1953. Ever since, there have been countless expeditions heading off to the Himalayas. With eight of world's highest peaks within Nepal's boundaries, there is tremendous interest in the Nepal Himalaya. Most of the peaks over 8000m high were conquered during the Golden Decade of Climbing in the 1950s. Climbing by then had become a national affair with various nations vying with each other to be the first to climb. Today it is all about breaking records. There are some 326 peaks in Nepal open for mountaineering today.
Date: April 3rd Wednesday - 31st May Friday 2019. 59 Days in Nepal.
Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Free day in Kathmandu, (official procedures and preparation for climbing gears.)
Day 3 Free day in Kathmandu, (official procedures and preparation for climbing gears.) Day 4 Kathmandu to Lukla (2860m) by flight and Trek to Phakding. (2622m) Day 5 Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazar (3340m) Day 6
Rest day in Namche Bazar for acclimatization.
Day 7 Trek from Namche Bazar to Tengboche (3837m) Day 8
Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4343m)
Day 9 Rest day in Dingboche for acclimatization Day 10 Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche(4915m) Day 11 Trek from Loboche to Everest Base Camp. (5380m) Day 12 - 52 Climbing period Day 53
Base Camp Clean Up
Trek from EBC to Pheriche. (Spent the night in Lodge)
Day 55 Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazar. (Spent the night in Lodge) Day 56 Trek to Lukla. (Spent the night in Lodge) Day 57
Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 59 Departure
- One high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food and gear to higher camps. Also assist the member during climb and summit attempt
- 5 oxygen bottles (4 lts) per member with mask and regulator.
- Common climbing equipment (necessary rope, ice bars, ice screws, etc)
- Sat Phone available at Base camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Walkie-talkies .
- High altitude tents (North Face or similar quality) for all members and climbing Sherpas
- Base Camp single tent for each members, climbing Sherpa, BC staff and Liaison Officer
- Khumbu Ice Fall route fee (Khumbu Ice Fall route will be fixed by SPCC and we pay them in order to use the route which will be maintained by their Sherpa staff throughout the expedition period)
- Schedule flight Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu for members
- Schedule flight Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu for Liaison Officer
- Transportation of food supply to Base Camp from Kathmandu (Cargo to Lukla and then by porter to base camp)
- Sagarmatha National Park fee
- All food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition
- Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Services of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp and cook at Camp 2
- All kitchen tent, stores tent, dining tents, toilet tents, tables and chairs, and cooking utensils for Base Camp
- Insurance for Climbing Sherpas, Cooks, Liaison Officer, and local porters
- Equipment allowances and wages for Climbing Sherpas, cooks, kitchen boys and Government Liaison Officer
- 5 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- All airport transfers except international flight.
Cost Doesn't Includes
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa fee. (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Hotel after 5 nights stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear above base camp
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation, and lost luggage
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment, and commercial filming
- Expenses of a personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, Email, etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all personal expedition goods arriving in Nepal by air/road as cargo
- Climbing Bonus up to South Col : US$ 0 per Climbing Sherpa
- Summit Bonus: US$ 800 per Climbing Sherpa
- Tips and bonuses